Achieving Financial Security: A Community Forum
Retirement Planning and Eldercare
Join the National Capital Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals for a community forum on retirement planning and elder care. The forum is hosted by Daniel A. Payne Community Development Corporation and the Metropolitan A.M.E. Church.
Joseph L. Davis - CLU, ChFC, CFP - Retirement Specialist (Moderator)
Lee Bethel - Financial Advisor; Insurance and Benefits Specialist, CLU, ChFC, REBC, RHU, ChHC, CAP, AIF, CPFA, CASL
Joan Galloway Ball, Esq. - CELA, CAP - Elder and Disability Law Center
Community Resources Specialist - DC Office of Aging
Topics for discussion include:
- Building a financial plan for every stage of retirement;
- Baby Boomers ("Gap Generation") - planning for retirement while also caring for aging parents;
- Legal issues related to elder care (power of attorney; advance directive; legal guardianship; wills; trusts);
- What to know about managing finances of aging family member's;
- Mitigating the financial impact of elders needing long term care;
- Reducing the emotional and other non-financial impacts to elder's family;
- Understanding what Medicare and Medicaid do and do not cover; and
- Aging-in-Place - what does it really mean and when should one start financial and economical planning for it.
The program will be interactive, panelists will take questions from the audience. After panel discussion, attendees can chat with experts in small group break-out sessions.
Registration and continental breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
Program and panel discussion begins at 9:00 a.m.
Roundtable discussions with financial service professionals 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This is a FREE community program, please share this opportunity with your family and friends! Social media: @SocietyofFSP @metropolitaname, @dapcdc_org, #FinancialLiteracyMonth.
About This Registration
Registrants will receive information and resources for building a financial plan for every stage of retirement and for understanding elder care and the many issues related to ensuring elders are properly cared for. The program will include interactive panel discussions followed by small group break-out sessions during which attendees can talk directly with the @SocietyFSP team.